Iris scanning is an automated method of biometric identification that uses pattern of recognition to determine the identity of the subject. Iris scans produce very clear image. IR illumination is used to reduce specular reflection from the cornea (eye’s outermost layer).
1. Iris scanning method firstly developed by the John Daugman and he was the first who implement Iris Scanning Algorithm.
2. The power of the iris as a personal recognition technique is so great that it is used in very large database recognition applications.
3. For security purpose iris scanning is most secure.
4. Now, DCB bank is using iris scanning to verify a person using aadhaar card to open new account.
5. By using IRIS Scanning, the bank stops the requirement of KYC documents, instead carrying out eKYC using the user’s Aadhaar number and biometric data.
6. Now new users will scan their iris on camera with their aadhaar number.
7. The Bank will point the camera to the customer’s eye and the details of the customer will be fetched from the aadhaar database.
8. The Bank will complete the customer details such as address, photograph etc. to complete the eKYC documents.
9. Then the bank will link the user’s details with the particular account.
10. After completing the criteria bank will notify to the customer About the account status.
11. DCB bank also launched an ATM which will accept the aadhaar card number and fingerprints instead of Card and ATM pin.
12. Advantage of IRIS Scanning is that it is highly protected membrane; it can be easily recognized after years.
13. Today security is the major concern, so iris scanning is the best way to save the time and user’s credentials.
14. In next six months DCB bank will serve the facility of Aadhaar Number and fingerprints to all their 400 ATMs.